The Building Operator Certification (BOC®) program is an eight-module, nine-day competency – based training and certification program, offering facilities personnel the improved job skills and knowledge to transform workplaces to be more comfortable, energy-efficient and environmentally friendly.
The program consists of eight courses delivered in a total of nine days of training.
Each course consists of highly interactive and hands-on classroom training facilitated by very knowledgeable and experienced building professionals, project assignments to be completed at the participant’s facility, and an in-class exam administered at the end of each day of training.
Building operators are responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of large buildings with complex heating, mechanical and electrical systems – and these offer many opportunities for big energy savings. You and your company can do a lot to make sure that your buildings are operated in the most energy-efficient way possible – increasing tenant comfort, saving money and reducing your environmental footprint.
As a building operator, you can help optimize the operations of your building to be more efficient. With the saveONenergy BUILDING OPERATOR TRAINING INCENTIVE we will give you the tools you need to improve your building’s operations, or help you choose new equipment that will deliver savings, comfort and productivity for your tenants.
Participants must meet certain education and experience requirements to qualify for the BUILDING OPERATOR TRAINING INCENTIVE. You are eligible for this incentive if you are currently employed or contracted full-time as a building operator with a minimum of ONE of the following:
- two years’ experience performing building operation and maintenance procedures in commercial, institutional or multi-family building facilities with a minimum size of 50,000 square feet; OR
- one year of experience performing building operation and maintenance procedures in commercial, institutional or multi-family facilities with a minimum size of 50,000 square feet and a post-secondary level education in a facilities operations and maintenance-related program; OR
- two years’ experience in energy management of commercial, institutional or multi-family facilities with a minimum size of 50,000 square feet.
For more information on the BOC program, please visit BOC’s official website.
For more information or to submit your Training Incentive Application, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BOC 1001 – Energy Efficiency Operation of Building HVAC Systems
- BOC 1002 – Measuring and Benchmarking Energy Performance
- BOC 1003 – Efficient Lighting Fundamentals
- BOC 1004 – HVAC Controls Fundamental
- BOC 1005 – Indoor Environmental Quality
- BOC 1006 – Common Opportunities for Low-cost Operational Improvements
- BOC 1007 – Facility Electrical Systems
- BOC 1008 – Operation & Maintenance Practices for Sustainable Buildings