The Certified Energy Auditor (CEATM) certification targets professionals with the knowledge and experience required to succeed in the growing field of energy auditing. This three-day training is designed to expand participant knowledge in energy auditing as well as serve as a preparatory vehicle for the examination required to achieve AEE’s CEATM credential. It provides the fundamental knowledge needed to evaluate how energy is being used in a facility and identify where consumption can be reduced. Additionally, it covers useful calculation methods and practical examples. The examination is administered on the morning of the 4th day.
- To raise the professional standards of those engaged in energy auditing.
- To provide structure to the practice of energy auditing in light of ASHRAE definitions for audits ranging from preliminary to investment grade.
- To provide the recognized CEA™ credential to professionals who demonstrate their knowledge of the principles and practices of energy auditing through the certification examination and who have appropriate related experience.
Professionals supervising and managing facility energy audits and energy management programs, including:
- Energy engineers and consultants
- Current energy auditors seeking certification
- New energy auditors
- Plant and facility engineers
- Energy managers
- ESCO professionals
- Energy performance contracting professionals
- Organizations considering energy projects
- Instructors teaching energy analysis