This one-day training program will cover the fundamental principles of energy efficiency in lighting. Participants will learn about the principles of efficient lighting, including evaluating the levels, quality and maintenance of lighting. The training program will also present lighting technologies and lighting control technologies, common energy efficiency measures, options for making improvements and upgrades, as well as strategies for lighting management.
To follow this training session, the Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation is not required, but strongly recommended.
Upon completion of the training program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts and characteristics of energy-efficient lighting design;
- Employ good practices to ensure effective lighting maintenance;
- Identify typical opportunities for saving lighting energy;
- Perform calculations of lighting energy savings and analyze the interactions;
- Consult examples of calculations of lighting energy presented in this training program.